How to Register
Students must be registered by a parent through the MCPS ParentVue Portal. More information regarding the registration process can be found in this letter from MCPS. Registration will remain open through April 12, 2021. Registration will close on this date to allow coaches with the opportunity to group students appropriately and for coaches and schools to plan program operations.
Steps for Registering via ParentVue
- Login to MCPS ParentVue Portal
- Locate “Online Registration” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- You should then see prompts to enter information for the “2020-2021 HS Athletics Registration – Spring”.
If you see something for “Annual Verification” or “Resume Annual Registration”, please click the “Start Over” button, logout and log back in, this should then allow you to access the Athletic Registration.
- The Athletics Registration screens will have you verify information in the system and then allow you to review and complete the Athletics Registration forms.
If any of the information appearing on the “Family” or “Parent/Guardian” information screens is incorrect, please contact the School Registrar to have this corrected before completing your registration.
ParentVue Troubleshooting Information
If a parent is having trouble logging into the MCPS ParentVue Portal:
- If you have never activated your parent account:
Parents were sent activation information at the beginning of the school year, which included an Activation Key. If you still have this information, use it to activate your parent account. Email our AD, Cliff Elgin, at Clifford_A_Elgin@mcpsmd.org
- Forgot your password? Click on the Forgot Password link on the ParentVue Portal.
- Forgot the email address you used to activate your account? Email Damascus Athletic Director Clifford_A_Elgin@mcpsmd.org. Be sure to include the student name, ID and parent name in the email.
Students should complete their pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) so that the medical eligibility form (last two pages of SR-8) is ready for online submission or for submission to the coach prior to tryouts/practices. Physicals are valid for one calendar year. Note: This is a change from the policy during the virtual engagement in the first semester. At that time, physicals were valid for two years. A partial list of Clinics that offer Sports Physicals within the Montgomery County area is available online. Physicals can be uploaded by the parent during the registration process. However, if a parent needs to submit a physical after the student has already been registered, email an electronic copy of the pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) to Damascus Athletic Director Clifford_A_Elgin@mcpsmd.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the timeline for the start of sports?
Registration will open on March 22nd (at 3pm). The spring season, per the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association (MPSSAA) calendar, runs from April 17 through June 19, 2021.
If a student registered for the first semester virtual engagement, does the student need to register again?
Yes! The registration in first semester was only for the virtual engagement season. Any student who would like to participate in this upcoming Spring sports in-person season must register using ParentVue as outlined above.
If a student registered for the Fall sports in-person season, does the student need to register again?
Yes! The registration is only for one sports season. Any student who would like to participate in this upcoming Spring sports in-person season must register using ParentVue as outlined above.
Is there a schedule of games or practices posted yet?
The practice schedule will likely be Mondays through Fridays with some Saturday practices. The tryout and practice schedule will be posted by April 12th. MCPS Athletics will release the game schedules during the week of March 22nd, and these will be posted on www.countysportszone.com and on our website.
Will there be tryouts, or are all students who register going to be on a roster?
This will depend on the sport and the number of student registrations. After April 12th, tryout/practice information will be posted and communicated to students and parents, including whether there will be a tryout period to start the season.
If a student remains in virtual learning, can the student participate in in-person athletics?
Yes! All students are eligible to participate in in-person athletics, regardless of which learning model they select (virtual or hybrid/in-person).
How can I contact a coach if I have a question?
The Damascus coaching staff, as well as contact information can be found on our Athletic Department website, here.
What adjustments will be made to operations based on COVID-19?
The following resources are available for students and parents/guardians regarding the operations of the MCPS athletics program. All documents, information, and guidance are subject to change, based on the ever-changing dynamics of COVID-19:
- Second Semester Plan – provides an overview of the second semester of operations
- Return to R.A.I.S.E. Strategic Plan – provides the operating procedures and protocol that will be used during the season. This is a fluid document and will be updated, as guidelines and recommendations change.
- Return to R.A.I.S.E. Video – this video provides an overview of the protocol and procedures in the Return to R.A.I.S.E. Strategic Plan. The video was filmed in late-October–guidelines and procedures may change, per state and local recommendations.
- COVID-19 Athletics Information Webpage – all information regarding the return of in-person programming is available here; updates will continue to be posted on this site.